PJ Library in Edmonton is actively recruiting a Parent Connector to spark connections between families welcoming babies in the Edmonton Jewish community. The parent connector will provide outreach to families welcoming babies and nurture relationships among families.
These connections will be facilitated through a variety of channels, including one-on-one meetups, texts, calls, invitations to join in programs that are offered in the community.
This part-time position is flexible and offers a chance to welcome and connect all kinds of families raising Jewish children. The parent connector will be mentored and supported by PJ Library staff.
A Parent Connector is:
- A parent of a young child (ideally an infant/toddler) as this is a peer connector model.
- Excited to meet, welcome, and get to know parents raising children in the Jewish community.
- An excellent communicator and listener, and excels at relationship building.
- Self-motivated, curious and open to new ideas.
- Familiar with online communication outlets for parents in their community.
- Able to work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Knowledgeable about the local community’s parent resources, both within and outside of the Jewish community.
- Understanding and respectful of the range of Jewish connection and knowledge among parents.
- Interested in PJ Library resources and willing to explore them and share them with other parents.
- The Parent Connector will be paid monthly, by honorarium, at a rate of $160-200 per month and will be expected to work approximately 8-10 hours/month from October 2023-June 2023.
Parent Connector Responsibilities:
- Deepen connections with families through face-to-face meetings, phone calls, personal emails and social media
- Collect and maintain contact information for program participants
- Submit monthly reports to PJ Library Edmonton manager
- Support larger PJ Library programs as needed
- Available to work flexible schedule including weekends/evenings
- Able to represent PJ Library/Jewish Federation of Edmonton in a professional manner at all times
- Must be able to provide own transportation to events