The Edmonton Jewish Community Charitable Foundation (EJCCF) helps people support Jewish causes that are important to them. We provide resources to make the community’s vision a reality, working in partnership with our donors, and striving to ensure the long-term financial security of the Jewish community.
You don’t need to be wealthy or change your lifestyle to participate. Your gift can be made with:
- An outright gift of cash or appreciated assets like stocks, bonds or life insurance policies.
- A bequest in your will. This is the easiest way to make a gift. You simply state in your will a dollar amount or a percentage of your estate to be used for an endowment.
- A gift of a new or existing life insurance policy. By naming the Foundation owner and beneficiary, you may be able to deduct the premiums from your taxes.
- Pension plans are subject to significant tax liability, making them ideal instruments to use, in whole or in part, to create a fund naming the Foundation as the beneficiary.
- A Charitable Remainder Trust or Charitable Gift Annuity provides you with income during your lifetime and thereafter, the remainder is used to create the endowment.
For the plan best suited to your personal situation and charitable objectives we recommend that you consult with your legal and financial counsel and with the Edmonton Jewish Community Charitable Foundation.
A planned gift to the Jewish community ensures the perpetuation of your family name. No matter where or when in the future, you can be there to help.